A Conceal and Carry Side Match is usually held on the same day as Practical Rifle. Your Range Officer is Tom Foti who usually has an exciting match planned to challenge your speed, technique and accuracy.
- Match will be 5 shot strings with magazine or cylinder loaded to 5 rounds only.
- Holster must be either hard leather or plastic that does not collapse when handgun is drawn. Hip holsters are permitted, No Shoulder holsters are permitted. No Soft leather or nylon holsters permitted as these collapses.
- Handgun must be covered just like the Wisconsin law for concealed carry. No part of the handgun to be seen or “print”.
- No Race guns permitted. I.E. handguns with Aim Points, compensator on barrel. These handguns are better suited to IPSC matches than to day-to-day carry.
- Handgun will always be pointed in a safe direction with finger outside the trigger guard.
- The commands from the RO will be obeyed at all times.
- Shooter will demonstrate safe gun handling to RO
- Shooter will do practice draws and re-holster to demonstrate masterly of gun handling. This is done with an empty handgun.
Stage 1: El president turn and engage 4 targets 2 rds. each.
Stage 2: Turn and engage from car door 4 targets 2 rds. each.
Stage 3: Turn and engage 4 targets on other side of clothes line.
Stage 4: Turn and take cover behind barrel engage 4 targets 2 rds. each.
Stage 5: Plate rack turn and engage.
Scoring for CCW Match :
Two A zone hits = 20 points
One A zone hit and any C or D hit = 5 points
One hit and one miss = -10
Having gun concealed per Wisconsin state law = 10 points